MIPS is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
When placing an order with us, the information you provide will be shared with our banking services and distribution providers to ensure your order can be successfully processed and delivered. We will only share relevant information with these parties and all such providers are under the same obligation to ensure your information is kept private. We do not knowingly partner with any parties with less than an excellent track record and sound policies in these areas.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
What We Collect
We collect the following information where provided/available/required:
- Contact information including email address and telephone number
- Demographic information such as postal address and postcode
- Other information relevant to customer enquiries, surveys and/or offers
- Technical information including your IP address, browser details, plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform
- Information about your visit, including your URL, pages and products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information and site navigation
What We Do With The Information We Gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Our internal record keeping and management
- To improve our products and services
- If you have opted-in for marketing preferences such as subscribing to a newsletter or product updates, we may periodically send promotional emails about new products, services or other information which we think you may find interesting using the details you have provided. We do not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of marketing emails
- If you have opted-in for marketing research when registering your account, from time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or post. You can opt-out at any time. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
- To enable our analytics tracking system to monitor and improve our website, goods and services and any other communication with you
- We may process any of your personal data identified in this policy where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure
- We may process any of your personal data identified in this policy where necessary for obtaining or maintaining insurance coverage, managing risks, or obtaining professional advice
- We may also process your personal data if necessary for compliance with any legal obligation
Legal Basis For Processing Your Personal Data
We are required to set out the legal basis for processing your personal data which will typically be one of the following:
- Our own or our third party’s legitimate business interests (for example in maintaining and promoting our business by providing customers with feedback opportunities or other instances where we have carried out a legitimate interest assessment and have established an existing legitimate interest)
- The performance of a contract we have in place with you
- Your consent where appropriate
- Compliance with our legal obligations
Disclosure Of Your Personal Data
You agree that we have the right to share your personal data with business partners, suppliers and subcontractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you, or to analytics and service engine providers that assist us with the improvement and optimisation of our website.
We may disclose your personal data to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
- where such disclosure is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure
When you use this website and provide us with your personal data, you are agreeing that we may use your personal data for the purposes set out in this policy. You have the right to apply for a copy of the data we hold about you and request that we correct any personal data which you believe is inaccurate or out of date free of charge. Under certain circumstances, you have the right to request your data be deleted or to restrict its processing and to withdraw consent. Before we are able to provide you with or correct any information we hold on you, we may ask you to verify your identity and to provide other details to help us to respond to your request. We will only use this information to verify your identity. You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes (including profiling for direct marketing purposes). If you make such an objection, we will cease to process your personal data for this purpose.
Providing the rights and freedoms of others are not affected, we will supply to you a copy of your personal data. The first copy will be provided free of charge, but additional copies may be subject to a reasonable fee.
If you consider that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state of your habitual residence, your place of work, or the place of the alleged infringement.
You can exercise these rights by contacting the Data Protection Officer at:
Dunshaughlin Business Park
Withdrawing Your Consent
You have the right to request that we stop sending you marketing information as well as asking us to stop any future contact for marketing research. You can withdraw your consent/s that we hold in relation to any marketing preferences and/or marketing research by contacting our Data Protection Officer at MIPS, Dunshaughlin Business Park, Dunshaughlin, Co. Meath A85 DY95.
Right To Be Forgotten
Personal data that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes. You have the right to be forgotten (subject to certain exceptions) which means we may act on your request to remove such personal data as permissible which we hold about you. You can exercise this right by contacting the Data Protection Officer at:
Dunshaughlin Business Park
A cookie is a small text file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets us know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes. We may use third parties to assist us in collecting or processing information obtained through cookies.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. Cookies do not themselves contain any personally identifiable information. However, if you provide such personally identifiable information to us, such information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie.
With most web browsers, you can set the browser to block cookies, erase cookies from your computer hard drive or notify you that a web page contains cookies before a cookie is stored. If you decline cookies this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
For more information about cookies please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org.uk/
Links To Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Social Media Features
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.